Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Potty training

When my daughter turned 1 last august, we thought of not putting diapers to her and start her potty training. I read too many articles online to get some info on how to potty train and bought her training seat.
I made her sit on the potty seat for the first time, she refused to sit. I kept trying but she had completly different things in her mind and prefered peeing on sofas, beds and wherever she pleased. I gave up as cleaning was taking too much of time. After few months, I thought let me buy a potty training chair. My daughter was very excited looking at it and started using it as a pull along toy. I was fed up and thought i will never be successful. One day i noticed that she grunts when she passes urine. Thanks to that first sign, i started rushing her to bathroom and told her that she is doing jiji when she passed urine, potty. I used to say good job when she is done. Slowly and steadily she started using the word jiji. Second step was when she started telling bathoom(bathroom). Today when she was done with her job, she praised herself and said gudd jub(good job).  We were laughing but were very proud of her.

No comments: