Monday, March 14, 2016

Thirst quencher for summer

Its mid March in Bangalore and the temperature has really gone up. Stepping out in the sun post 10 has become painful. I try and finish all my work before 10 but some days i need to go out. Moreover next week onwards I will be starting my B2 classes(hopefully) and the heat scares me. I usually drink lots of water but going out in sun makes me crave for Juices, Soda.
In my previous post I had mentioned about me running for 5k's and wanting to run a 10 K for which I need to watch what I eat and drink. For me the best alternative is Tender coconut water but some days I just want to rush back home.
My mother makes this masala buttermilk(masala/bedasina majjige) during the festival to digest the heavy lunch.I made it two weeks back and thought its a good replacement for juices. Its a very simple recipe. All you need is :
  • Little coriander leaves
  • A small piece of ginger
  • Half a green chilly
  • Hing (asafoetida)
  • Salt
  • Butter milk/Curd(add water make it thin)
Grind coriander leaves, ginger, chilly in the blender into a thick paste. Add a very little quantity of this mixture to butter milk along with salt and asafoetida. Change the quantity of masala based on your taste levels.





Make the required quantity and store it in refrigerator for a week and use it as and when you need. Try this recipe at home as its a low cal drink, quenches your thirst and helps in digestion. 

No comments: