Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Punyakoti- Kannada song

My 3 year old kid loves listening to stories. Her craze for story is so much that now a days  we have to weave a story around the animal or thing she mentions which brings to the childhood memory of mine.
We were in Hassan for sometime during my primary school days. We had a neighbor called chikki aunty who had great passion and patience for telling stories. Thanks to her, I can narrate many stories to my kid.

My daughter is very fond of all animals and one such animal is cow. One of the days she demanded for a story of  a cow. During my school days, we had a poem about a cow called Punyakoti. I wasn't able to recall the song exactly but i narrated it in the story form and She loved it. Later, I showed her the video from YouTube. This song now has become her favorite song, sings it often and every cow she sees now is punyakoti.




Even I am touched by this song and it bring tears in my eyes every time I hear it. In this generation where technology has taken precedence, hope we as parents continue to narrate Indian stories and songs.

Thanks to my kids love for story that I feel sometimes that i should note down the imaginative stories i narrate to her and who knows after some years become kids story writer.

No comments: