Thursday, November 12, 2015

Deepavali...Celebrating Light, Celebrating Life

People in India, celebrate Deepavali or Diwali in a magnificent way. People clean their house for this festival to welcome Goddess Lakshmi.
Its the season of shopping..Shopping for new clothes, jewelry, utensils, Diyas and the thing I hate the most....fire crackers. Each state and culture have different way of celebrating Deepavali. As a child, I remember lighting fire crackers and suffering with wheezing problem for few weeks. I had left this practice when i understood the bad effects on my health as well as on environment. For me Deepavali is only festival of Diyas or Deepa. I light lots of Diyas, put few lights in my balcony, cook for the family.3 Years back, I started painting the Diyas as a hobby which was encouraged by some of my friends. They actually bought it from me. Last year, I didn't paint much. This year, I had no plans of painting diyas as I was busy with my french classes. To my bad luck or good luck, i don't know, my current batch was cancelled and I got ample time to paint it. Here are few pics of the diyas which i painted and sold.

 






































To all the readers of this post, Wishing a very Happy, Prosperous and safe Deepavali. If you do like the diyas, please do leave a comment

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes skamat, I liked ur diyas n iam lucky that I too lighted the diyas painted by u....thank u so much :)