Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Instant Dosa

Planning things in advance makes my life easier. If things aren't planned than my whole day goes for a toss. Shriya (my daughter) gets irritated for not spending time with her. She is very curious as to what I am doing in the Kitchen and wants to taste each and every bit. My hubby leaves to office early in the morning. I have to prepare Breakfast for him and then leave to gym before my 16 month old wakes up. My mother-in-law takes care of her if I return a bit late(If I ever reach my desired weight than its only coz of my mil). Every weekend, we chalkout a plan for our food requirements. I would make idli batter or dosa batter and refrigerate it.  Some weekends when we have to meet our friends or relatives and things are not planned then the following weekdays are chaotic.Instant Rice flour dosa is a saviour for me as everybody loves it. Here the recipe for it.


Ingredients:

Rice flour: 11/2 cup
Green chillies: 2
Onion: 2 finely chopped
Coriander Leaves: 1/2 cup finely chopped
Oil
Salt

In a large bowl pound the chopped green chillies and salt.

Add the chopped onion and coriander leaves. To this add the Rice flour and mix
Pour Water to this mixture so that it becomes watery. Voila the batter is ready.

 Heat the tawa, apply oil to tawa and pour the batter. Once done flip it over. 


Dosa is ready to have with chutney, chutney powder or as it is since there is onion, chillies and corainder in it.  If there is no time to chop onions, corainder, chillies than add rice flour, salt, water and take dosas. My family calls it life saviour dosa.



Thanks to Mom and my aunt for this recipe. I prefer to save this dosa for ultra emergency case.My daughter calls it bobo( Dosa in konkani) and while eating it says hmmmmm.





No comments: